Friday, 30 May 2008

Films 28-05-08

Sex and The City : The Movie
Amidst the hype and handbags and excitable females full of cocktails I wasn't really expecting much of the Sex and The City film, I was never a massive fan when it was on TV. It follows the same formula that the episodes did; something good happening, it all being wonderful for a bit, a disaster, morose Carrie Bradshaw narrative voiceovers and low and behold, happiness at the end. Except this turn of events looped about 3 times during the film.
They can no longer rely on what made SATC famous; it's tackling of taboo subjects, the constant product placement and feisty female leads. Since it's been away there have been countless TV sitcoms, films and celebrity media stars doing exactly the same things.

Yes it is trashy fun, it's full of designer labels, witty sharp retorts from Samantha and sweet doings by Charlotte, I sincerely doubt any fans will be dissapointed. Although if you're not a fan and you're after a "good" trashy film (Clueless, Legally Blonde, etc) this one would be far down my list.