Friday, 30 May 2008

Knitted Glasses

I stumbled across this picture on the Sartorialist and thought that the glasses were so great i decided to knit my own! I've always wanted glasses but unfortunately have perfect vision.
My model Tiger has his own glasses and doesn't need my knitted ones, they do look grrreat on him though!
To make your own, plan what glasses you want to recreate (i did plain old black frames but want to try some aviator style sunglasses next) and draw a plan of it on graph paper. Alternatively you could use KnitPro @ the Microrevolt website which will turn any image into a knitting graph for you. Once you have your pattern, knit two of them, lightly stuff making sure they can fold to fit on your top. I put on 2 poppers so i could affix the glasses on securely to my top but that's me just being fussy.
I want to try making some necklaces with these glasses, like the ones tatty devine have.