Blog went a bit quiet over the Valentines Weekend. This was probably because i was resting from a mad panicky rush to get presents finished for Tiger. I made him this giant calculator (complete with 531,9009 on the screen-look upside down to why). I found the pattern HERE, it's really simple, the only fiddley bit is the numbers, which predictably, i was doing late into the night.
He made me a lovely meal and a HUGE chocolate cake, and i'm not one to gush but it was really awesome and i had a lovely time. We also watched High School Musical 3 (Yippeee!) and Frost/Nixon which I will blog about in due course.
I also made a Smitten; a kind of mitten for two holding hands. Used nicer wool than i did for the calculator (wouldn't want his paws, or mine to get sore) so out came the Rowan chunky-i'd forgotten how lovely and soft it is. You can find the pattern here on CocoKnits for FREE. I didn't get on with using circular needles with the plastic bit (so diyed my own chunky double pointed needles). You get a few holes if you follow the pattern so make sure you have enough wool left over to sew them up!