Thursday, 12 June 2008

Knitted Bows

I saw the pattern for these bows in this book and thought they would look really brilliant in loads of different ways. I am currently wearing mine in my hair, on my shirt/jumper, and on the back of a skirt. They are quite chunky and knit up nice and quick.


Cast on 22 stitches, P1,K1 rib until it measures 15 cm (or however big you want the bow to be) x 2
Cast on 2 stitches, P1, K1 rib and M1 every alternate row until it you get to 22 stitches. Continue with P1, K1 rib until it measures 14 cm (or however long you want the tails to be) x 2
Cast on 10 stitches, P1, K1 rib until it measures 6cm (for the tie)
To make up, fold and pleat the two sections of the bow and sew securely. Pleat and sew the tails to the inside of the bows. Sew the tie around the middle tightly.

I am going to try mixing up colours next, stripey bows and different tails would look brilliant! I might try to put some sequins on them too.